Jeremiah 30:2 “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you'”
Good Morning, Evening, and Afternoon! My name is Ashlen Burns, your blogger, and classic film guru! I am 19-years-young and looking to grow with all of you in Classic Film.
The reason I started this page is because I was inspired by my mother to begin a blog on Classic Film. I have a great passion for film of every genre: from Action/Adventure, to Horror films, Sci-fi Fantasty, and even Indie! I’ve grown up in a home of film lovers. My Father loves Action/Adventure and Comedy, my brother loves Anime, Sci-fi Fantasy and Horror, my sister enjoys indies and dramas, my younger sister enjoys bio-pics, while my mother enjoys Classics.
My entire family has inspired me with film. It’s one of our ‘get-away’ activities. If we are on vacation, we’re watching a movie. If we got off early from work, we’re watching a movie. If we’re bored, we’re watching a movie. If we don’t feel like being productive…we’re watching a movie!
Either way, I love film. As you may see. And though I really enjoy all kinds, Classics are my dearest to me. They have such class, originality, and admiration! They will live on through the ages, and I only wish to expand more on my knowledge of them.
Now, I cannot say that I have seen every single classic film that there is to know. I have so many that I want to get to, but that is why I am blogging. I want to write on the films I haven’t seen, just as if it is it’s premiere release! Of course, I will also write on the films that I love, but I am far more interested in sharing on the films that are unknown to me.
Either way, this is just a bit of information on why I love film, and where the origins of my admiration came from.
Though, because I can go on for hours just talking about myself (which is such an admired topic, I know. [I hope you know I’m kidding]), I also want to include just a brief list of some ACTUAL information on ME. So here goes:
- July 14, 1994. The best day of YOUR life (kidding, again). I was born. I’ve been alive for 19 years.
- I exercise 6 days a week. Weight-lifting, Cardio, HIIT, Pilates, and all that crap.
- I’m a bit of a Health Nut.
- (This should have been first on the list, but…) I’m a born-again believer! A Christian, with no belief in religion, but belief in relationship.
- I love singing.
- I lead Worship at my church (Santa Clarita Christian Center).
- My dad is a Pastor.
- Playing video games is my third hobby. Aside from Exercise, and watching movies.
- I love Plot Twists, as corny and unoriginal as they can be.
- The 19 years that I’ve been alive…I’ve never broken a bone.
- I wrote a book in a month.
- I’m rewriting that book.
- My favorite color is Pink. Yup, I’m such a girl.
- I love wearing dresses. Yup, still such a girl.
- I really, really, REALLY, want to meet Robert Osborne. And host a TCM Tribute to Bette Davis with him.
- My favorite genre would probably be Comedy.
- I love to laugh.
- I smile all the time.
- I was homeschooled through High School. I loved it.
- College has been the best experience of my life.
- I want a house on a farm. Hard work, I know, but it’d be so worth it.
- The Bible is my favorite book. Duh.
- I personally love book adaptations into film.
- I love learning.
- I want to change the world.
Well I’m at it. Here is a list of all my favorite Classic and Non-Classic Films:
- Old Acquaintance (1943)
- When Ladies Meet (1933)
- The Matrix (1999)
- Changeling (2008)
- Up! (2009)
- You Can’t Take it With You (1938)
- Meet John Doe (1941)
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)
- Duck Soup (1933)
- A Night at the Opera (1935)
- The More the Merrier (1943)
- The Thin Man Series (1934, 1945)
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005)
- Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001)
- The Place Beyond the Pines (2012)
- The Graduate (1967)
- Dark Victory (1939)
- The Little Foxes (1941)
- Jezebel (1938)
- The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
- Fahrenheit 451 (1966)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Kitty Foyle (1940)
- The Raid: Redemption (2011)
- & last, but never last. My first Classic: It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
Thank You for reading! Please feel free to Contact Me, I love film requests!
Facebook: Classic Film Guru